Information about the Better Conversations Skills Day, including future dates and details about booking a place.
The Better Conversations Skills Day is open to all people who work in the health and care sector in Leeds, including those working for third sector organisations. The day offers:
- The opportunity to reflect on your communication skills, recognise what you do well, and identify areas for development.
- The chance to refresh and practice your skills in a supportive environment and share learning with colleagues.
- The time to consider how we can embed these skills into our day-to-day roles/practice in the face of things that get in the way.
Is this course for me?
Better Conversations are offering One Day Skills sessions are available to all staff working in the health and care system in Leeds, including in the third sector.
Below are just of few of the teams and organisations we have already worked with over the course of the project
- LTHT – Nursing staff, volunteers, support workers, physiotherapist, practitioners, apprentices, Patient Experience Team, Managers, admin
- LCC – e.g. Social workers, Team managers, wellbeing workers, commissioning managers, care officers, Care assistants, Community Occupational Therapist, project teams
- LCH – physiotherapist, Occupational therapist, teams leaders and mangers, Nursing staff, project and business teams
- 3RD Sector– Advonet, Anchor, Care & Repiars, Age UK , Carers Leeds, Leeds Jewish Welfare Board, Touchstone, St Gemmas, BARCA, St Anne’s, One You Leeds, Connect Well etc
- LYPFT – Nursing staff, Health Support workers, Co-ordinators, Admin, Team leaders and Managers, Health Living Advisor, Strategic Development Officers
- CCG – End of life care, Primary Care Support, Nursing staff, Commissioning managers, Team leaders, Programme Support.
- Primary Care – GP’s, Admin staff, Practice managers,
- And many many more
So is this course for you? Definitely yes.
Book your place now.
Below is a list of future dates and locations for the Better Conversations Skills Day. If you want to book a place on one of the dates, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must include:
- Job title
- Contact details
- TWO date preferences
- Organisation. (If you are a Leeds City Council employee, please also provide your employee number)
If you fail to provide all of the above information we will not be able to reserve you a place on the training.
We’ve already delivered a number of successful skills days, find out what some of the attendees had to say about it by reading some feedback.
- Tuesday 15th October–Technorth
- Friday 18th October- Merrion House
- Monday 21st October–Technorth
- Tuesday 22nd October – Merrion House
- Friday 25th October – Merrion House
- Monday 28th October – Merrion House
- Wednesday 30th October– Technorth
- Monday 4th November – Technorth
- Wednesday 6th November – Merrion House
- Friday 15th November – Merrion House
- Thursday 21st November -Merrion House
- Monday 2nd December – Technorth
- Tuesday 3rd December – Merrion House
- Thursday 12th December – Technorth
- Friday 13th December – Merrion House
- Monday 16th December – Technorth
- Wednesday 18th December – Technorth