Information about the Better Conversations Skills Day, including future dates and details about booking a place.
The Better Conversations Skills Day is open to all people who work in the health and care sector in Leeds, including those working for third sector organisations. The day offers:
- The opportunity to reflect on your communication skills, recognise what you do well, and identify areas for development.
- The chance to refresh and practice your skills in a supportive environment and share learning with colleagues.
- The time to consider how we can embed these skills into our day-to-day roles/practice in the face of things that get in the way.
Is this course for me?
Better Conversations are offering One Day Skills sessions are available to all staff working in the health and care system in Leeds, including in the third sector.
Below are just of few of the teams and organisations we have already worked with over the course of the project
- LTHT – Nursing staff, volunteers, support workers, physiotherapist, practitioners, apprentices, Patient Experience Team, Managers, admin
- LCC – e.g. Social workers, Team managers, wellbeing workers, commissioning managers, care officers, Care assistants, Community Occupational Therapist, project teams
- LCH – physiotherapist, Occupational therapist, teams leaders and mangers, Nursing staff, project and business teams
- 3RD Sector- Advonet, Anchor, Care & Repiars, Age UK , Carers Leeds, Leeds Jewish Welfare Board, Touchstone, St Gemmas, BARCA, St Anne’s, One You Leeds, Connect Well etc
- LYPFT – Nursing staff, Health Support workers, Co-ordinators, Admin, Team leaders and Managers, Health Living Advisor, Strategic Development Officers
- CCG – End of life care, Primary Care Support, Nursing staff, Commissioning managers, Team leaders, Programme Support.
- Primary Care – GP’s, Admin staff, Practice managers,
- And many many more
So is this course for you? Definitely yes.
Book your place now.
Below is a list of future dates and locations for the Better Conversations Skills Day. If you want to book a place on one of the dates, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include: Name, Job title, Contact details, TWO date preferences, and Organisation. (If you are a Leeds City Council employee, please also provide your employee number). If you fail to provide all of the above information we will not be able to reserve you a place on the training.
We’ve already delivered a number of successful skills days, find out what some of the attendees had to say about it by reading some feedback.
- Monday 29th April – Merrion House
- Tuesday 30th April– Tech North
- Thursday 2nd May – Tech North
- Friday 3rd May– Tech North
- Thursday 9th May– Tech North
- Thursday 9th May – St James Hospital
- Friday 10th May– Tech North
- Wednesday 15th May– Tech North
- Friday 17th May – Merrion House
- Tuesday 21st May– Tech North
- Thursday 23rd May– Tech North
- Tuesday 28th May– Tech North
- Thursday 30th May– Tech North
- Tuesday 4th June– Tech North
- Thursday 6th June– Tech North
- Monday 10th June– Merrion House
- Thursday 13th June– Tech North
- Thursday 20th June– Tech North
- Friday 21st June– Merrion House
- Thursday 27th June– Tech North
- Friday 28th June– Merrion House